I've made several attempts at perfectly pastel mint chocolate chip cookies over the years, and I think I've finally done 'em!
I never thought I'd be the type of person who bakes on a whim (or bakes at all for that matter), but I was craving mint chocolate chip cookies this weekend. Fortunately, A is always willing to indulge my food cravings!
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies (makes ~24)
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup Andes Creme De Menthe Baking Chips (I also threw in some milk chocolate morsels)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix softened butter and sugar.
- Add egg, peppermint extract, and food coloring, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Fold in baking/chocolate chips.
- Roll into small balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool.
I monitored the oven as the cookies were baking to determine when to take them out. After 10 minutes, I shut the oven off, but kept the door closed for another 5 minutes. They were ready to eat after a couple minutes of cooling, and were crispy around the edge and soft in the middle (i.e., perfect).
Will you try these?